HOW TO REMOVE PIMPLES WITH VASELINE AND COLGATE
Struggling with a breakout might leave you embarrassed or frustrated, especially when you’ve tried other DIY pimple remedies without success. However, do you know how to remove pimples with Vaseline and Colgate? Yes, the famous Vaseline and Colgate toothpaste! Colgate is a perfect homemade recipe for removing pimples due to the presence of bleaching agents that help to remove pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads, as well as lighten dark spots and leave your skin smooth.
Before using Vaseline and Colgate on your face, please read everything about this DIY pimple remedy and its side effects.
Removing Pimples With Vaseline And Colgate: Side Effects
Please ensure applying a little on a small area of your face before using this mixture on your whole face if you want to remove pimples with Vasline and Colgate.
Although you might experience a tingling sensation while applying it, don’t be scared. There are side effects of using toothpaste on the face you need to watch out for, and they are:
Recommended: LASER TATTOO REMOVAL: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
What Happens When You Mix Vaseline And Colgate?
Ever wondered what mixing Vaseline and Colgate looks like or what benefits it gives? Then check below:
- Removes pimples
- Unclogs pores
- Removes blackheads
- Lightens dark spots
- Improves skin texture
- Makes the skin smooth
- Gives your skin a natural glow and beauty
- Effectively remove dead skin cells
Read also: Prices Of The Best Caramel Skin Tone Creams
How To Remove Pimples With Vaseline and Colgate Effectively
1. Wash your face: Firstly, cleaning, washing, and drying your face is essential. This prevents dirt or excess oil on your face, as this limits the procedure’s effectiveness. Ensure you wash your face well with warm water. Then, apply a good face cleanser and gently dry by patting your face to keep moisture locked in. This is a crucial step to take seriously if you want to remove pimples with Vaseline and Colgate.
2. A little squeeze onto your finger: Squeeze a little amount of Colgate and Vaseline onto your finger or the back of your hand. However, this depends on the number of pimples you’re dealing with.
3. Apply a small amount of the combo directly onto the pimple: You only need to apply a minimal amount to effectively remove pimples with Vaseline and Colgate. Most importantly, don’t spread Colgate over the skin or as a face mask. This is because Colgate toothpaste dries out the skin, which might cause irritation, redness, and peeling if applied anywhere.
4. Time and Effect: For the best results, leave the combo to dry on the skin for two hours or overnight. However, if your skin is susceptible, I suggest you wash off the toothpaste after 15 minutes or half an hour to remove pimples with Vaseline and Colgate.
5. Gently wash off: Using small, circular motions, gently wash off the combo with a damp wash cloth, as rubbing too hard might damage the skin, instead of removing pimples with Vaseline and Colgate. After removing all the toothpaste, splash your face with warm water and lightly pat dry with your hands or a clean, soft towel. Lastly, apply a soothing moisturiser if your skin feels very dry.
6. Consistency but don’t overdo: As stated before, toothpaste may be irritating, especially if you possess sensitive skin. Therefore, this treatment shouldn’t be done multiple times a day or more than four times a week. After applying the treatment for 1-3 days in a row, you should notice a change in the size and colour of the pimple. Then allow the pimple to heal naturally.
Be aware that Colgate and Vaseline aren’t dermatologist-approved acne treatments. Although toothpaste is a popular home remedy that’s been around for years, few dermatologists, if any, would recommend it as a treatment. This is due to some of its side effects.
Recommended: Reviews Of The Best Creams For Pimples In Nigeria
Other Options to Remove Pimples With Vaseline and Colgate
- Try benzoyl peroxide: Benzoyl peroxide is an excellent pimple treatment that fights whiteheads, blackheads, and pimples. Firstly, it kills bacteria in the pores, which stops the development of pimples. Although benzoyl peroxide is effective, it can cause the skin to dry suddenly, so it should be used occasionally. Benzoyl peroxide can be found in creams, lotions, cleansers and gels.
- Check out salicylic acid: Salicylic acid reduces redness and inflammation and exfoliates the skin. Unlike most pimple treatments, it helps to soothe and calm the skin. Therefore, making it an excellent choice for sensitive skin types.
- Apply crushed-up aspirin: Aspirin is a potent anti-inflammatory substance for treating pimples. It decreases the size and redness of pimples. You can crush one to two aspirin tablets and mix them with water to form a paste, then apply them directly to the pimples. Also, you can dissolve 5-8 aspirin tablets in a few drops of water to form a face mask.
- Use sulphur: Sulphur is an excellent pimple-remover for people with sensitive skin. It does this by absorbing oil out of blocked pores. Also, it regulates sebum production. The only disadvantage is that pure sulfur smells like rotten eggs, so I suggest combining it with another product to reduce the smell.
- Visit a dermatologist: Finding the proper treatment for pimples can be challenging and overwhelming. Therefore, if you experience multiple breakouts, consider seeing a good dermatologist who shall provide stronger medications and prescriptions.
Treating pimples can be a hard nut to crack, especially if it appears frequently. It leaves you embarrassed and shy. However, don’t relent in pursuing a great, smooth, shiny and glowing face. Having checked for some of the best remedies for pimples, we came across tips on how to remove pimples with Vaseline and Colgate, so we decided to do our research. We have your best interest at heart, so we highly recommend that you read and try the steps mentioned. This could be your one-way ticket to treating pimples.
Recommended: 7 Layers of Skin: Everything You Need To Know