Are you wondering how to wear perfumes like a pro? If you’re looking for tips and tricks to get the perfect scent, you’ve come to the right place. There is no special class, training, or technique required. This article will cover the basics of wearing perfumes, from selecting the right fragrance to applying it accurately. These amazing tips will have you and others enjoy the alluring smell of your fragrance all day.
Without much introduction, let us begin.
Things you need to consider before you learn how to wear perfumes
Learn the fragrance tree
You need to understand the fragrance family tree to make selecting your perfumes easier. The fragrance family tree is classified according to the notes. The four main categories are Citrus, Woody, Floral, and Oriental perfumes, each having subfamilies. Moreover, one fragrance can also be found in different families, such as Woody Oriental.
Choose the right perfume concentration
The concentration of a perfume determines the durability and intensity of your fragrances. All perfumes are divided into several categories based on their concentration. They are: Eau De Toilette, Eau De Cologne and Eau De Parfum.In addition, if you want a less heavy and saturated, pick Eau De Cologne or Eau De Toilette, while if you are a fan of highly intensive, go for Eau De Parfum.
Test the perfume before purchase
Test the perfume on the skin before purchasing and wearing it, as some perfumes can cause an allergy or irritation when you start applying.
Having learned this, we move on to learn how to wear perfumes.
15 Tips on how to wear perfumes like a pro
- Have a good bath or shower: Having a good bath or shower goes a long way, making your perfume last longer immediately after applying it. That’s the first step to knowing how to wear perfumes.
- Moisturizing your skin: Applying your perfume after moisturizing your skin makes it last longer. A well-moisturized skin makes the fragrance stay longer.
- Apply Petroleum Jelly: If you possess dry skin, apply petroleum jelly to the pulse points before spraying the perfume, as oily skin keeps the scent of the fragrance locked in.
- Choose the right pulse points: The best place to apply perfume are the pulse points. These are points where the arteries are much closer to the skin surface and where your heartbeat can be felt. Examples of the pulse points are on the neck between the clavicle, the fold of elbows, the wrists, etc.
- Avoid rubbing your wrists: Please ensure you don’t rub your wrists after spraying your fragrance, as it cleans off the already applied perfume.
- A little distance: Hold the bottle 5-7 inches away from the skin while spraying the perfume, preventing the large drops of the perfume on your skin.
- Pay attention to your hair: Only apply a small amount of perfume on your hair or brush to prevent the alcohol in the perfume from damaging your hair. Doing this makes hair hold the smell of the fragrance.
- Don’t be tempted to spray the perfume directly on your clothes: Rather than spray the perfume directly on your clothes, you should try applying directly on your skin, as the spray often leaves stains.
- Keep perfumes in the right place: Keeping your perfumes in the dark gives the perfumes a longer shelf life. Avoid storing in the bathroom, damp environment and warm areas with too much light.
- Always resist the urge to wear too many perfumes: Applying an excessively concentrated fragrance can be repulsive, making people uncomfortable. Also, ensure you change your perfume from time to time to develop your olfactory system.
- Select the right amount of sprays: Eau Cologne or Eau De Toilette require 3-4 sprays for a light and refreshing scent, while Eau De Parfum, for an intensive aroma, requires 1-2 sprays.
- Reapply the fragrance/perfume during the day: You can reapply up to 1-2 times if you notice you don’t smell as much as you used to, but be careful not to overdo it.
- Mixing perfumes: Nowadays, people wear perfumes by layering them to achieve that alluring scent. Ensure that you apply the heavier one before the lighter one.
- Never forget the box: The box or case that houses the perfume bottles is as important as the perfume itself because it protects it from breaking and spilling when it falls. As a result, always put your perfume bottle in the box or case after use.
- Apply your fragrance with love: It doesn’t matter if you just have one perfume or multiple perfumes, the goal is to find perfection in the scent that fits your personality best.
Finally, I hope all the tips on how to wear perfumes will be helpful to you, as they will guide you in your journey of enjoying amazing fragrances. Keep reading Greyhux for more perfume reviews and useful information about fragrances.